Teaching your doodle recall, or coming back to you when you call, is giving your best friend a vital and life-saving skill. A Rocket Recall can save your dog from a tragedy in traffic, getting lost away from you, or approaching something dangerous or lethal. Begin to learn easy-to-follow methods that let you say goodbye to the embarrassment of calling your dog and getting no response, and hello to recall training that's fun and effective for you and your dog.
In this episode, learn the foundation of expert recall training during The Doodle Pro™'s interview with professional dog trainer, founder of the Cold Nose College, and author of the new book The Original Rocket Recall™.
In this part one of our interview, Waggoner addresses FAQ's on teaching your dog to come when called including:
- How to get my dog to focus on me outside and how do I get my dog to come every time?
- The best recall words to use when training my dog to come when called?
- Why is my dog not coming when called or why does my dog ignore me when I call him?
- How do you train a dog to come without treats?
- How do I get my puppy to come when called?
- How do I get my dog to pay attention to me outside?
- How to get your dog to come when distracted get your dog to come when other dogs are around?
- What do you do when your dog won't come or how do you discipline a dog that doesn't come when called?
- Is a shock collar or ecollar good for teaching a dog recall?
- How to teach a stubborn dog recall or how to recall a dog that won't listen?
- Is it ever too late to teach a dog recall?
Be sure to listen to part 2 of their interview where Waggoner details the protocol for training a solid Rocket Recall via her 12 Rules of Rocket Recall. (Scheduled for release 9/13/22)
Get your doodle's attention the first time with our free download of the top treats doodle's love at https://thedoodlepro.com/toptreats. A fantastic compliment to Waggoner's recall https://www.coldnosecollege.com/rocket-recall-podcast-download/ and you can buy your own copy of her book The Original Rocket Recall™: Teach Your Dog to Come at all major book retailers, including Amazon.
If you want to bring your Doodle parenting to the next level, sign up for The Doodle Pro™ Society waitlist now! Members get exclusive access to The Doodle Pro™, Doodle training modules, and live Q&A's with world-renowned guest experts (that would usually charge $100's each to book a virtual session). Visit thedoodlepro.com/waitlist to be the first to know when doors open again!