This bonus episode is a celebration of Sheepadoodles, (or Sheepapoos, Sheepadoos, or Sheepoodles!), with research-based education about what makes them unique. This episode will help deepen your understanding of your personal Sheepadoodle. Or if you're considering a Sheepadoodle, I'll be addressing the most common questions and concerns so you can make an educated decision on what to look for and how to select the perfect puppy to add to your family. During this episode, you'll learn what desirable traits from both breeds can be enjoyed in a Sheepadoodle package, and which behavior traits will need a little extra work. We will discuss health concerns, testing you want to look for from a breeder, temperments, coats, colors, and much more.
Of course, Sheepadoodle parents (or prospective ones) will enjoy this episode, but there are some juicy takeaways for any doodle lover!
Key takeaways include:
- History and purpose of Old English Sheepdog
- Coat care
- How herding traits show in their behavior
- How protective and guarding traits show in their behavior
- Old English Sheepdog traits that carry into Sheepadoodles
- Poodle traits that Sheepadoodles carry
- Surprising facts about mini-Sheepadoodles!
- Next Thursday's bonus episode breed mix is…